When I always didn't do right, I went left, He told me to go right. But I'm standing right here in the midst of my tears, Lord I claim You to be the Lamb of God! Good morning and welcome back to your Spiritual Sports Segment on Rhema on Gospel Radio better than when you it yesterday! I’m C.E.E.J.A.Y! Let’s Get It Started!
|The NFL & NFLRA are back|
smiling again as the lockout
is finally over!
Breaking news last night in the weee hours of the morning on my Twitter page @ceejaysports because that’s how I get down to make sure my listeners are up to date on their sports however comma I digress as the National Football League and the referee’s union announced that the lockout that began in June has concluded with a tentative deal in place. As the ink on the agreement settles, the normal ref’s will be in action tonight as the Baltimore Ravens battle the Cleveland Browns and the eight year deal will need to be ratified by 51% of the union’s 121 members. Here are highlights of the agreement between both sides:
• The current defined benefit pension plan will remain in place for current officials through the 2016 season or until the official earns 20 years' service and after that, it will be frozen.
• Retirement benefits will be provided for new hires, and for all officials beginning in 2017, through a defined contribution agreement.
• The annual league contribution made on behalf of each game official will begin with an average of more than $18,000 per official and increase to more than $23,000 per official in 2019, and a partial match on any additional contribution that an official makes to his 401(k) account.
• The game officials' compensation will increase from an average of $149,000 a year in 2011 to $173,000 in 2013, rising to $205,000 by 2019.
• Beginning with the 2013 season, the NFL will have the option of hiring a number of officials on a full-time basis to work year-round, including on the field. The NFL will have the option to retain additional officials for training and development purposes, and may assign those additional officials to work NFL games. All I have to say is Welcome Back!
Major League Baseball had a plethora of games yesterday starting with the American League swinging for the fences as the New York Yankees had the only afternoon game against the Minnesota Twins and they routed the Twins 8-2 as CC Sabathia fanned 10 batters, the Toronto Blue Jays was literally spanked by the Baltimore Orioles 12-2 as the O’s tie a club record with 7 homeruns as Chris Davis and Manny Machado each had 2 homers, the Kansas City Royals lost by a run 5-4 to the Detroit Tigers as Austin Jackson launched his 16th homer, the Tampa Bay Rays got past the Boston Red Sox 4-2 with the 19th homer from Carlos Pena, while the Oakland A’s powered past the Texas Rangers 9-3 as Derek Norris drives in 3 RBI’s and the A’s set an AL record with the most strikeouts in a season with 1,333 with seven more games to add to that record, the Cleveland Indians defeated the Chicago White Sox 6-4 to knock the Sox out of 1st place and the Seattle Mariners lost by one measly run to the LA Angels 4-3.
For your NFL Quick Hits, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick has been fined $50,000 for "impermissible physical contact with an official" at the end of Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens, former Chicago Bears quarterback Jim McMahon, who is suffering from early-stage dementia, has told a Chicago television station that while he appreciates what football has done for him, if he could do it over, he would play baseball, the San Diego Chargers signed receiver Malcolm Floyd to a three-year contract extension Wednesday through 2015 however, financial terms of the deal weren't disclosed, Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Mundy was fined $21,000 for his hit on Oakland Raiders wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey last Sunday, the Dallas Cowboys have signed punter Brian Moorman, who was released by the Buffalo Bills this week, and finally, an attorney for Detroit Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley asked a judge Wednesday to approve a pretrial diversion program instead of putting the player on trial facing charges of drunken driving and fleeing police.
This sports segment was sponsored by The Spa in Orlando, FL as they were voted Best Spa in Orlando Weekly yet again….congrats to Andy, Estrelitta and entire spa staff! To have your company sponsor a sports segment, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. To catch archives of your Spiritual Sports Segment, log onto my innovative blog site ceejaysports.com and make sure you give me that follow on Twitter @CeeJaySports & and don’t forget to Like me on Facebook at CeeJayAct. Stay tuned for more updates in next your Spiritual Sports Segment, where we Sprinkle a little Spirituality in your Sports...I’m C.E.E.J.A.Y., Be Blessed and keep smiling, because God has something special in store for you and in closing, as justice is beginning to take shape, I Am Still Trayvon Martin.